Re: [NTLK] Why use the Newton to surf the web/e-mail?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 17:45:11 EST

> Web pages are indeed slow to render but more than a few people on
> the list use scheduled web downloads to grab a handful of web sites
> automatically and read the morning news etc. on their commute
> (hopefully,
> on a bus or subway!

I used to follow a handful Usenet groups and several web sites this
way, during an hour-long commuter train ride to work in the morning.
That ended about six weeks ago, when I became a stay-at-home Dad to my
four-month-old son, but I still use the MessagePad for this stuff from
time to time, even with an iBook. (When he was younger, I was reading
Usenet while he slept in my arms; try doing that with a laptop.)

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html