Re: [NTLK] BrainWinpe

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 02:44:18 EST

The system software is burned into ROM, you cannot erase, even if you try
hard.
What you definitely WILL erase during a brainwipe is:
- all your data (names, dates, notes, application specific data)
- all previously installed packages
- all additional extensions
- your owner info

If you carefully check to have a backup of all this or to have the packages
ready for a fresh installation, there is no reason not to try the brain
wipe.

What I would recommend to try before is to start the Newt without extensions
in order to check if one of the packages/extensions causes the error.
(after reset you tap into the lower left corner (portrait mode) until you
see a message that the Newt will start without extensions)

Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html