Re: [NTLK] Newbie Newt Networking

From: Paul Carlson (carlsonp_at_wctc.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:43:26 EST

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 10:21 AM, Oliver Brose wrote:

> Have a look at Eudora. I have NTLK set to digest-mode and created a
> filter & own mailbox within Eudora. Easy, sleek & educed interface,
> and quite fast. There is a free sponsored version that keeps a small
> ad-window which you can place anywhere, and that should not be in the
> way unless you use a screen in the region of 800x600.
>
> Oliver :)

and On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 11:38 AM, Donald Wilson wrote:

I use Mail for my 3 email accounts, and I get a couple hundred messages
a day when you count NewtonTalk... my Newtontalk box is over 10,000
messages now, and Mail houses my archive of email from 1999 onwards...
well over 30,000 messages not counting NewtonTalk...

~Donald

(this is Paul now)

Thanks for verifying my MP130 networking fears. I'll see how things go,
and keep my eyes open for a deal on a 2x00.

Thanks, also, for the email sorting tips. I finally figured out that
sorting the messages in Mail is actually really easy. I had confounded
myself thinking I had to set up a rule...but not the case....just needed
a quick trip to the View --> Sort menu. (Sorry for my ignorance.)

So, I have happily resubscribed to the regular list, and am finding it
much easier to sort through the messages (rather than scrolling through
the digest).......Although now my wife gets to listen to 'submarine'
sounds all day while the Mac is receiving messages from the list...
hehe. :)

Paul

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html