Re: [NTLK] Newbie Newt Networking

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:21:27 EST

>Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 20:40:07 -0600
>From: Paul Carlson <carlsonp_at_wctc.net>

Hi Paul,

>But I think I might be sad...seems everything I've read
>here, on FAQs, and Newtsites indicate that I won't be able to wirelessly
>network the 130. Even ethernet looks doubtful.

No WLAN for 130, no Ethernet for 130, sorry.

>Should I have bit the bullet and gone for the 2100? They are mighty
>pricey on eBay lately. Being new to the Newt, I thought I'd test the
>waters before diving in...hence the 130.

Do so. Some say the 130s are prone to die. Mine did not, was always
fine. To me it is the Newton with the best form factor, and probably
the best unit to "test the waters". If you feel comfortable with the
Newton you can still upgrade.

>In the meantime I'm off to find an email client that will sort all these
>messages. ... "Mail" just isn't cutting it. :)

Have a look at Eudora. I have NTLK set to digest-mode and created a
filter & own mailbox within Eudora. Easy, sleek & educed interface,
and quite fast. There is a free sponsored version that keeps a small
ad-window which you can place anywhere, and that should not be in the
way unless you use a screen in the region of 800x600.

Oliver :)

--
Still, we're not aware of any medical journals describing
heat-related genital damage (in stunning detail, we might add)

www.appleturns.com