[NTLK] Apple Repair Rates

From: Matt Binkowski (matt_at_mattbinkowski.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 16:59:18 EST

Hi,

I just called Apple to see if I could buy a replacement door that
covers the interconnect port on my 2100 as well as a new serial
dongle/adaptor and according to Apple's tech support/repair rep, they
do not sell ANY more parts to the general public, but they do still
have the "total repair" offer which is now $194.95. If you chose this
option, Apple would overnight you a box (w/proper packing materials
inside), you would overnight it to them (that cost is included in the
194), they would take 2-3 days, then overnight it back to you.

So, if anyone knows where i can get a replacement port door cover
and/or serial dongle, please email me as I need them before the Ann
Arbor, Michigan get together. :)

Thanks,
Matt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html