Re: [NTLK] Newbie?: How do I access Notes on my desktop?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 17:17:42 EDT

On 28/08/02 16:24, "justin.mericle_at_fedex.com" <justin.mericle_at_fedex.com>
wrote:

> How do you connect to your desktop 10.2 through ethernet or wireless??
>
> I am a newbie so please forgive me. Still learning this!!

You have to have Newton Connection Utilities running in the classic
environment. Make sure that, in Classic, AppleTalk is set to use Ethernet,
and make sure, in OS X network preferences that AppleTalk is active. It
should work. Same thing if you connect wirelessly. You have to make sure
that AppleTalk in Classic is set to use AirPort, and that your network
preferences are configured to make AppleTalk active. In both cases, when you
launch NCU, you might get an error message that it can't find a serial port.
Never mind that error. But open the preferences, and uncheck any printer or
modem port. Make sure that AppleTalk is checked.

-Laurent.

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise,
low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase
`the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a
`flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.