Re: [NTLK] Newbie?: How do I access Notes on my desktop?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 16:54:57 EDT

When I absolutly need to have a note on the Newt as a
note on my desktop, I just email it.
My Newt's connected to the corporate network via
ethernet and using Simplemail, I select the note and
email it to the account my desktop uses.
Simple and easy.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Pete Covell <p.f.covell_at_larc.nasa.gov> wrote:
<snip>
> I just inherited a barely used MP2100. I need to
> take notes during
> meetings. Retyping handwritten notes or using a Palm
> just didn't cut
> it.

<snip>
> But now what? How do I get to the notes to copy them
> into my desktop
> word processor (MS Word)? I looked through past
> postings and searched
> the Apple Newton documentation and couldn't find it.
>
> Also, is there a better way to transfer the data
> from Newton to my
> Mac? I saw some discussion on using ethernet via
> PCMIA card.
> Eventually I will need to do this when I go to OS-X
> and a new G4 that
> doesn't have the gport serial connection.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete
> --

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party