Re: [NTLK] Can I add alarm sounds?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:55:16 EDT

>Now, what I would like is an alarm clock that would
>have an alarm initially, then it would read any
>priority 1 appointments you have that day from the
>calendar! (sometimes I just can't think of a good
>enough excuse to wake up...)

Another good way to accomlish this is to e-mail the sound to yourself as a
.wav file, then use SimpleMail's "Put Away" option. It then becomes a
system-registered sound that any application which looks for registered
sounds will be able to play.

My Newt sounds like a Tricorder when it wakes up, and when it goes to sleep
Charles Foster Kane says "Rosebud".

The perfect alarm app in my opinion is Adam Tow's awesome AlarmClock 2.7.
My only wish for an alarm app is one that would use text-to-speech to
announce the time when the alarm goes off. I have a little Newtonscript
that speaks the time when I double-tap the "Assist" icon -- it would be WAY
cool if the Newt would wake up and announce "It is now
six-thirty-A-M." That's what I need to motivate me to get my tail out of bed!

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd
jbond_at_jameswhale.com

Americans practice different faiths in churches, synagogues, mosques and temples. And many good people practice no faith at all. - George W. Bush, finally gets it right in his Easter Address of 2002