Re: [NTLK] Battery consumption

From: Pascal Massün (pascal.massun_at_skynet.be)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 15:22:14 EDT

op 23-08-2002 03:20 schreef Frank op newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net:

> Did you install any new software lately?
Nope.
That is, I did install the new version of StarChart. But I had the previous
version yet installed. So, I guess that this couldn't be the problem.
> Try doing two full backups,
> do a hard reset and check if the problem persists.
That I can try.

Thank you all that pointed the beam prefs to me.
After my mail I found it myself and I can say that the option is not
checked. So, no beam problem.

I will tell you something more.
I'm not certain if it's related, but I noticed the increased battery
consumption since then.

A while ago I had to install new batteries. I always install new batteries
with the AC power connected. So, I don't check the battery installation
immediately. Somewhat later, when I powered up my Newton with it's batteries
it didn't work. I checked the batteries and saw that I didn't put them in
correctly. (the batteries are put by 2 in the same direction and I installed
all 4 batteries in the same direction)
Did this damage something which caused this higher drain ?

In the battery statistics I can see a current value of 51.
When I wake up my Newton I see a current value of >100. I guess that this
higher value is caused by the wake up. Or is my Newton eating batteries in
it's sleep ? A lot of dreeaming going on ;-)

Pascal.