[NTLK] Ethernet Pr.

From: L vRooy (ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 07:27:50 EDT

Listers
I give up. I tried all the FAQ.s/How To.s - Newton Ethernet Explained/Ethernet Information- (and more) I can lay my hands on to get my MP2k to talk to my PB5300, to no avail.
I used to get a chooser error, but now I only get a 'Looking for Mac OS computers' message until time-out.
A similar Q was asked about a year ago, but the ans. is meaningless, to me at least.
If someone is already awake (most Europeans should be?), plse. respond directly to my e-address above <ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za>. I'm really desperate. Have been trying for days now.
One Q: do I need the internet set-up? One how-to suggest this. I tried both the auto & manual settings with no success.
I have no reason to doubt the 3c589d Etherlink III card, neither the x-over cable not to work. My GV Pt Pro card on the PB is also OK (used it to send this email).
thanks for any HELP

Les vRooy
<lvrooy_at_iafrica.com>