Re: [NTLK] Touchscreen upgrade and jaggies

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 15:13:05 EDT

Tony Kan <tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Daniel
> I have considered long and hard about Calvin's screen upgrade project. I
> have a UMP2000 which has a bad case of the jaggies. At the price of $US139
> plus shipping to a third party for installation as well as paying an
> installation fee plus the shipping to New Zealand (whew say that in one
> breath) it would only be worthwhile if the upgrade got rid of them at the
> same time. Do you know if the upgrade would solve the jaggie problem?
> Cheers
> Tony

Let me chime in here, if I may. When I had a similar problem with my first
MP2000, a screen replacement *definitely* fixed the problem. Apparently there
was a batch of MP2k's release that had defective touchscreens (thanks, Sharp for
that great QC effort!) and most (if not all) of them ended up going back to
Apple for replacement.

I would be suprised if your jaggie problem did *not* go away with a screen
replacement.

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net