Re: [NTLK] listar restrictions

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 06:14:27 EDT

on 8/9/02 8:44 AM, Johannes Wolf at mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl wrote:

> In fact if I answer with 4 lines to a thread with 10 lines I already exceed
> the limit because MS Outlook tends to put a header in quotes as well and
> there are a few lines signature in quotes.
>
> This is really annoying.
> To reply properly now I need to spend almost double the time I used to spend
> before.

Sorry, but you do not have my sympathy. I have been doing this manually for
years, and I see no reason why you should be exempt from the extra effort.
For the record, why cannot you change Outlook so that you can hilight the
text you want quoted, and quote just that text? OE on the Mac offers this
option, as does just about every other Mac email program, with the possible
exception of Netscape Communicator.

In any case, taking the extra effort to clean up an email before sending it
is a simple courtesy that you should do to simplify reading for the reader.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland