Re: [NTLK] Dropping the Newt, was: ...

From: L vRooy (ara_at_dwaf.pwv.gov.za)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 07:01:06 EDT

Tom typed:
--they literally threw the <working> demo unit across the room,=20
--approx. 15 feet. The guy then picked it up, picked up the stylus=20
--that popped out, turned the unit on, watched it reset (guess the=20
--throw woke it up), and he started writing away

Mmm, some great droppings. Now, what DID go wrong with my perfectly healthy=
 130 when I dropped it? And where IS Dr. Newton, to lend a hand?

Listers, I've been on the list for awhile now and have even tried (or=
 rather, the audacity to try, I should say) to answer questions, and I=
 haven't even introduced myself!
Well, here I am: A very novice Newton user (I can hear: 'Surely could=
 tell...'). I've had some great responses from the list and almost greater=
 advice by just browsing the postings. What I quickly learned from this=
 list, was not to skip to topics that is of interest to myself at the time,=
 but to read through every single posting; some gems are surely to be found=
 there.

And yes, I did drop my 130, and couldn't revive it since; not even with the=
 excellent help from Johannes Wolf and Frank Gruendel, to name just two; was=
 forced to replace it with an UG MP2000 (and what an upgrade from a 130 it=
 was!), and am wondering now what was the original intention of the=
 Interconnect port if you have to stick a dongle into it??
I don't know about other lists, but this one is a real joy.

To all the other newbies: You can count on these people. I bought stuff from=
 some of them, and have had not a single hickup (no, I'm not going to put=
 'yet' here).
(I think this is the customary/standard/required response from newbies(?))

<silent action: retreat into shadows>

Les vRooy
<lvrooy_at_iafrica.com>