Re: [NTLK] Power Adapters

From: Cheyanne & Randy (charan_at_olypen.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 18:48:42 EDT

Darren,

        If you can't find one for a newton, you could use one of the
cigarette lighter adapters that gives you a standard plug outlet and use
it with loads of stuff like notebooks, little televisions, electric
razors, blenders, powertools and many other things that'll make you a
distracted driver :-) They can be purchased for around $50-100 close to
what you would pay for a 12 volt adapter for one device.

cheers,

Randy

On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 03:35 PM, Darren Mattone wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if it was possible to purchase an off shelf the
> cigarette
> lighter adapter that would work on a Newton? What would I need to look
> for
> in power requirements? I know that you can get regular off the shelf AC
> adaptors but am unsure of what those requirements would be as well. Any
> help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can't run a country/By a book of religion/Not by a heap/Or a lump or
a smidgeon/Of foolish rules/Of ancient date/Designed to make/You all
feel great/While you fold, spindle/And mutilate/Those unbelievers/From a
neighboring state --Frank Zappa