Re: [NTLK] Which "-10061 fix" and which "th -> the" utility to use?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 17:44:36 EDT

on 28-04-2002 11:35, Chris Ruprecht at chrup_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> First: I have Avi's backdrop installed on my Newton (MP2100) which, I
> believe, includes a -10061 fix. I also have the '61 fix from
> Softwareburo Muller installed. I guess, I don't need both but does
> it any harm?

No, it won't

> Will it slow down the Newton in any way?

It might, if it's SysPatch (which I always have on and I can't remember the
last time I experienced a -10061 error) you might want to go into the Prefs
slip and set it to Power Off fix only.

If that doesn't do the job for you you might need to enable the Super Fix
but set it to a much higher number than the default, otherwise it will slow
down your Newt.

> There used to be a utility which let me have HWR in the Works word
> processor but I can not remember the name.

http://www.standalone.com/MessagePad/HWRWorks/content.html

Robert Benschop