Re: [NTLK] new 2100-how to transfer files

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 13:04:12 EDT

The best way is to do a full backup of your machine to the desktop, then restore it onto the new machine. Full backups w=
ith NCU don't always work though. If you have a big enough card, then you could use SBM Utils ($) to backup Internal to =
the card, and backup your other card to the card, then restore both onto the new machine. Did that make sense?

You won't be able to just beam everything over. Even with the copy-protection removal package (EEUnprotect), some things=
 will just refuse to be beamed.

--
Victor Rehorst - List Administrator
victor_at_newtontalk.net

Original Message: ----------------- From: Philip Halsey phalsey_at_provide.net Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:50:52 -0400 To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net Subject: [NTLK] new 2100-how to transfer files

I have just purchased a 2100 for an additional machine/backup. How do I transfer applications that I have purchased for = my first Newton? Can I transfer programs, or when I bought the program, did I buy it for just one machine and now I shou= ld re-purchase the programs for my new machine?

Thanks for any input.

Phil Halsey

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .