Re: [NTLK] Toshiba does newton-size

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 16:45:26 EDT

On Thursday 25 April 2002 13:02, Ben Smith (QM Systems) wrote:

> And it has Wireless Ethernet built in!!
> Also no Intel or Microsoft!
> I want one - NOW

It does sound - and look - nice. But that part about a separate
handwriting recognition app has me worried. The beauty about the Newton -
amongst other things, of course - is that it has such a transparent HWR
implementation. Having to enter your stuff in a pop-up window is like
going back to the Dark Ages of PenWindows.

I also cannot think of an obvious way to have Linux (much as a love it as
a desktop O/S) mimick the Newt.

Can anyone ask Linus to compile NOS for the Crusoe? :^/

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"Pretty women make us buy beer; ugly women make us drink beer." (Al Bundy)