Re: [NTLK] OT on OT

From: Will Hartung (willh_at_msoft.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 13:25:28 EDT

From: "Laurent Daudelin" <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 7:35 AM

> On 24/04/02 04:34, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
> > The list has become so off-topic recently that you'll have to live
without
> > me on this list for most of the time.
>
> Depending on your email client, you might be able to create a filter on
the
> subject. As soon as it receives a message with OT in the subject, the
> message is moved to the trash. Granted, you might miss a few messages with
> this, but you could avoid most of the off-topic stuff, which has been
really
> annoying recently, I agree...

It's what happens when a list sways from simply technical issues and becomes
more a "community". Like discussing your kids soccer games with the
mechanic.

As long as the community is diligent about appropriately labeling the
subjects, it can be less of a problem (with appropriate software).

I tend to blow entire threads away with hardly a glance.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh_at_msoft.com)