Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 19:22:44 EDT

On Monday 22 April 2002 23:10, Frank Gruendel wrote:
> > Unfortunatly,
> > most drivers (in the US that is) have very little
> > education when it comes to driving a motor vehicle!
>
> The up side is that they don't need that much. I always enjoy
> driving in the US (well, except for Boston maybe). US drivers
> usually lack the stupid urge to overtake. I once had the same
> car, always at the same distance, behind my car for about 200
> miles. The driver had no urge to overtake and I had no urge
> to increase the distance between us. Pretty much impossible
> in Germany.

I hear you. I used to cross Germany quite frequently (transit to Poland)
in a Volvo diesel. The problems started on my last trip, in a Chrysler
LeBaron 3.0 l. That kind of car somehow brings out the animal in me, and I
finally discovered that the German Autobahnen have a left lane, where the
Audis, the Mercs and the Porches live. They all snarled at me, but I
wouldn't go away ;^)

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

<This sigline under construction. Come back soon.>