[NTLK] SimpleMail partial email list download

From: Jeb Bolding (jebber_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 12:29:55 EDT

I'm running SimpleMail to connect to four POP addresses. I have no problem in receiving or sending except for one issue.

On my mail.mac.com POP list...where I only download NTLK messages, I get to about 15 or 20 email downloads and then the email download hangs, not completing the download of the other email messages that are listed. I have to go to my PC and download all of the email messages and delete them from the POP server for SimpleMail to get past this in subsequent downloads. But it inevitably hangs later.

This problem doesn't happen on my other three POP lists.

I read the Newtontalk archives but didn't see another problem like this.

Is there a means of skipping an email in SimpleMail?

Are there any types of email that SimpleMail chokes on? However, this only happens on the NTLK list...so I can't imagine that's the problem.

Do people know of a problem with Mac.com? Should I use the IMAP setting?

My Settings:
SimpleMail 4.3
MP 2100
550k free on internal and 2mb on 4mb pc card (I've tried downloading to both)
One filter that skips messages of over 60k (works well on my work downloads which are that large)

Thanks for your help.

jeb