Re: [NTLK] Off topic Macsoftware for kids

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 04:53:38 EDT

on 4/19/02 7:32 PM, Thomas Hofts at thofts_at_mac.com wrote:

> Never underestimate the ability of children to understand and use software
> or computers. My kids have used Apple Works (then Claris works) since they
> were 7 or 8. Took a bit of guidance from Dad, but it was a good learning
> experience (for Dad!).

That's very true. I didn't say this in my last email, but although we have
KidWorks, the kids don't use it. They prefer Claris Works. :-) They are very
proficient on their computer, and my 8yr old even knows how to force quit
applications, and how to use the programmer's key to quit to the finder.
They use some fairly sophisticated software, and both older children (11 and
8) can type. :-) (Mavis Beacon taught them)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland