Re: [NTLK] Off topic Macsoftware for kids

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 01:54:26 EDT

> I am asking you venerable bunch whether there exists any mac software for
> kids, ie a cut down version of appleworks, and outlook express, something
> for my daughter who is eight so she can do her own letterheads and
> stationery with pretty pictures and maybe something she could use to send
> emails. She's desperate for a mac.com email address.
As my kids where in this age they used always the full versions of the
respective programs for the purposes you listed above. I remember that I've
set-up their accounts in CyberDog and they had nearly no problems after I've
showed them how to drive it. Also drag and drop of addresses into new mail
templates was pretty simple. Now they use Entourage/Outlook and the Office
programs because they learned how to drive them in the school. For simple
painting they liked MacPaint, Painter, Graphikconverter and nowadays
PhotoShop. CAD is not an issue but MiniCAD was also easy understood for
simple school tasks.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand