Re: [NTLK] Pocket Quicken/Pocket Money question + PC

From: Mick Ring (lists_at_rynosoft.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 01:16:04 EDT

on 4/18/02 8:32, Murray, Tom at TMurray_at_usequities.com wrote:

> On a different note...realizing that the above might have reached it's final
> functionality, I understand that Pocket Money still allows you to export QIF
> files so you can import into Quicken. Will this work with the newer
> versions of Quicken? Also, I was under the understanding that if you have
> multiple accounts (checking, savings, credit) you need to do separate
> exports for each account...is this true? Lastly, is it possible to import
> from Quicken into Pocket Money (all my data is in my Pocket Quicken and I
> don't want to lose it on my Newt if I have to remove PQ and go with PM)?

Tom:

As a long-time user (and big fan) of PocketMoney, I can answer a few of your
questions.

1) I am using Quicken 2000 for Mac and it imports the QIF files from PM with
no problems.

2) You are correct about doing separate exports (PM to Mac QIF) for each
account. What's more you have to do separate IMPORTS (Mac QIF to Quicken)
for each account, too.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your last question. My usage of PM
is simply as a virtual "register" where I track mostly cash and some
checking. All get transferred via QIF to Quicken and then I zero the
accounts, so I don't ever have more than 15 days or so in it at a time.

There are some other limitations that you should know about before you
switch. Email me offline if you want to hear about them.

-Mick