Re: [NTLK] PayPal gripes -NOT!

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Sun Apr 14 2002 - 01:02:28 EDT

At 2:03 PM -0400 4/13/02, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:
[snip]
>But PayPal is not a bank, does not have the full benefits or
>protections of a bank, and now it wants access to my checking account,
>under the conditions that it cannot be held liable for anything. To that I
>say absolutely no way.

    That was exactly my reaction as well. At first I was getting
these messages about who I would have to upgrade my account by
providing my bank account info if I wanted to use PayPal to purchase
more than a small amount per year (I think it was around $250 ?). I
didn't respond. A few months later I got a message that said
something like, OK we've decided the unverified accounts can spend up
to $1000. I guess there were more people than they anticipated
telling them to forget it.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini
      Software Engineer