Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes hurt sales

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 05:16:33 EDT

on 4/12/02 4:49 PM, IMNewtMan_at_aol.com at IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:

> To reiterate: Paypal good! Criminals Bad! ;-)
>
> I just want a NewtonTalk T-shirt and maybe a Ser-001! :)

As my email was one of the ones to start this whole thread, I would like to
speak up as well. I wasn't griping against PayPal in general, just that they
had frozen my account, and I am unable to re-instate it, due to their
requirements that I cannot fulfill (I do not have a current utility
statement with my address on it--as I am currently 5,000 miles from that
address, and haven't lived there for several months now) :-) Since this is
true, I am unable to buy a tee shirt and a ser-001. If my account weren't
frozen, I would still be using it. As it is, I am left in a lurch. I _need_
PayPal, or something similar. :-) I sure hope that my comments have not
stirred a revolt against PayPal! (Unless, of course, it means that they
would give me back my acct. without requiring the statement) ;-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.