Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 20:40:36 EDT

on 12/04/02 19:19, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> My ATM card is also a debit card and it is issued by
> my Credit Union under MasterCard. (I also have the
> PayPal card which is a debit card issued under Master
> Card) I have the option of using it as a debit card at
> stores (subject to the $1.00 transaction fee for ATMs)
> or as a credit card (it debits the amount directly out
> of my checking account) If I use it as a debit card, I
> have to enter my PIN to complete the transaction (but,
> ATM transactions in the USA are very expensive...my
> bank charges $1.00 for foreign transactions
> <transactions not made at their machines> and some
> foreign machines charge up to $1.50! That means if I
> make a $10 transaction, it will cost me $2.50! or 25%
> of the purchase for the convenience!)
> If I use the card as a credit card, all I gotta do is
> sign a credit card slip! Because of this, I always use
> my ATM card as a credit card and since there is no
> real "credit" the transaction doesn't cost me anything
> (as in interest)
> Ed

I'm with First Union and I'm not charged anything when I do a debit purchase
using my First Union Check Card...

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous. Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England) `bozoish'.