Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 14:13:59 EDT

on 4/12/02 9:02 AM, Eric L. Strobel at fyzycyst_at_comcast.net wrote:

> I'd suggest, though, that 25 years ago (1977!!)
    I had one of the first ATM cards when the bank started issuing them.

> Also, a debit card is one thing I'll never carry, at least not until there's
> liability limits placed on them.
    If it's lost or stolen and I report it immediately I get a new one ASAP
and the bank will track down video of attempted uses on the missing card.
The thief, finder would have to have my PIN to use the card and machines
keep the card after three failed attempts.

> Heck, I only *just* got an ATM card, mostly because for a while there
> were a number of robberies at ATMs,
    They occur here too, but thieves seemed to have learned they're likely
to be caught on video if they attempt a robbery near one of the machines. I
usually only get small amounts of cash anyway (enough for food or parking).
Larger amounts can be paid by debit.

Peter