Re: [NTLK] Currency, Euros and new countries

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 19:06:26 EDT

oops...should have said Belgium Francs...or French
Francs...or the Luxumbourg Franc...
Either way...this Euro thing makes things difficult!
I'm planning a trip to Saint Martin in the Carribean,
and they use Euros! (the french side anyways) and
again...I was planning to take my Newt...(I never
learn)
Ed
web/gadget guru.
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Simon Roberts <srob_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 11.04.2002 22:55, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com
> wrote:
>

> > I was just looking at some currency exchanges and
> came
> > to the realization that the Newt is seriously out
> of
> > date. Now that the Euro is the European currency,
> > Marks and Swiss Francs are obsolete! I've also
> found
> > that with several areas declaring automony, they
> are
> > now countries with their own currency.
>
> Switzerland is not in the European Union, let alone
> part of the "Euro Zone"!
> Swiss Francs will be with us for quite a while I
> think.
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Simon Roberts