[NTLK] NCU Connection Error code -1

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 01:01:04 EDT

Hi Newtonians
Excitedly unwrapped my Mac-to-PC serial cable and hooked up the dongle to
the MP2k, installed NCU and rebooted the PC. Connecting is becoming
important because there is only 420k left in internal storage (no flash card
yet) and moving stuff to the PC might relieve that. So I went through the
procedure according to the manual for establishing a connection.

A connection gets established (i.e. all the buttons on NCU become undimmed)
and seems stable until I hit the backup key and then the following error
message appears.

"The communication was stopped because of a communication error (-1)"

Went through trying slower and slower communication speeds but the error
code is displayed even for 2400. Checked the FAQ but it doesn't seem to
cover this problem. What does error "-1" mean?

Oh I'm operating Win2k on a machine with 256Mb RAM, 1GHz AMD Duron.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Tony.