[NTLK] [OT] Re: I'm back (and bad news)

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:11:52 EDT

>form. Honestly though, I think that the security
>measures are getting a little rediculous! I had to
>remove my shoes 8 times in several different airports!
>Next time I fly, I'm going to wear sandals and a
>loincloth! (and don't get me started on what they call

My favorite to date- Chicago airport, bagel shop, you can't get a plastic
knife there or anywhere in the airport to spread the cream cheese or
whatever. It could be dangerous. The shop itself has one real knife for
all the workers to share- if it gets lost, all hell breaks loose I guess.

Better even- what's the first thing that comes with your snack or lunch or
dinner on the plane? Plastic knife.

To me, this indicates that they don't have a real clue how to deal with
recent problems, and are just going thru motions, doing "something".

And they did let us come back from MX with a couple big hollow acacia
thorns, for my wife's biology class. It took a small amount of
consultation though :)