Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:47:55 EDT

Sushi wrote:
> Totally agree.
>=20
> This copy protection ##$%"!"#$$#.

        A friend of mine is going the guerrilla route. He purposely buys
copy protected CDs and then returns them later. He figures that it costs
the record store more than they make to handle a return. If they lose
enough money handling returns on copy protected CDs, they'll protest to
the manufacturers or refuse to carry them. I don't know how true that
might be, but I imagine it's pretty satisfying just the same.

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 134:
If I am escaping in a large truck and the hero is pursuing me in a small
Italian sports car, I will not wait for the hero to pull up along side
of me and try to force him off the road as he attempts to climb aboard.
Instead I will slam on the brakes when he's directly behind me. (A
rudimentary knowledge of physics can prove quite useful.)