Re: [NTLK] NuShield [OT]

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 02:45:33 EDT

On my recent trip to Hawaii, I had my Sharp camcorder
in my carry-on bag. I have the VL-AH160 View Cam. This
CamCorder has a fully exposed 3.5 inch LCD display on
the back (it has no optical viewfinder). When I got to
Hawaii, I noticed a serious series of scratches on the
bezel next to the LCD viewer. Half an inch more, and
my display would be toast! What I would like to find
is a protector that would protect the display from
damage and reduce glare from useing outdoors...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> on 4/8/02 9:48 PM, Alex at astrilet_at_hiqsoft.com
> wrote:
>
> > It just makes your screen blurier, does not
> decrease reflection from the
> > screen a bit.
> > Besides that shiled already have dust and pieces
> of small hair on them!
>
> I've purchased three packs of NuShields and not
> encountered any with
> hair or dust on them.
> They do reduce the visibility of the screen
> somewhat. This effect is
> most noticeable for the first day or so while the
> shield settles against the
> screen. Also you have to make sure your screen is
> scrupulously clean before
> installing a new shield ... even a speck of dust can
> keep the shield from
> contacting the screen properly.
> You really see the value of the NuShields when
> you take them off after
> three or four months of use and see the abuse
> they've saved your screen from
> taking.
>
> Peter

=====