Re: [NTLK] English-Dutch translation dictionary

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 13:11:22 EST

on 05-04-2002 6:58, Thomas Hofts at thofts_at_mac.com wrote:

>> Does anybody know of such a beast as an English-Dutch translation dictionary
>> for the Newton? I have a friend who is considering going to the Netherlands
>> for a few months to work, and he would like to be able to use a Newton to
>> help him work on the language. TIA

No there isn't, English, French, German and Italian translation dictionaries
are all that I know of.

> There's one on the Kallisys site (freeware) at:
> http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dicts_and_kits/

This is the Dutch dictionary that can replace your built-in (most of the
time English) dictionary/word list, can't so any translations though :-(

> My understanding is that certain words in the Netherlands are the same in
> all languages.

And you can get around just speaking English in Holland without a real
problem, most people will speak at least enough to tell you were you should
be going.

Subscriptions to the local Newton list are on
http://lists1.email.luna.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/newtongebruikers

though the list is Dutch speaking only he will definitely get answers to
English questions, I'll see to that personally ;-)

We might even throw another NNUG (Netherlands Newton User Group) meeting.

Robert Benschop