Re: [NTLK] Sticky Newts problem ??

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 11:37:03 EST

On 04/04/02 09:54, "Thomas Hofts" <thofts_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I installed StickyNewts on my MP 2100 last night. I put the "StickyNewts"
> and "Register" packages on my internal card.
>
> The StickyNewts app works very well and looks to be very useful but...
>
> When I access the StickyNewts pull down menu for "Info" I get a -48807 error
> message.
>
> Any ideas why and what would show under the "info" menu?
>
> I think I downloaded this off a Newton Apps package I found on a Carracho
> server instead of UNNA. Could it be this app has been "cracked" to avoid
> paying a registration fee?

Could well be. IMHO, downloading software from a Caracho server is calling
for trouble.

BTW, a -48807 exception is "Undefined variable". Not very useful, I know,
but who knows what the package you have went into and who hacked it?

-Laurent.

brute force adj.: Describes a primitive programming style, one in which the
programmer relies on the computer's processing power instead of using his or
her own intelligence to simplify the problem, often ignoring problems of
scale and applying naive methods suited to small problems directly to large
ones. The term can also be used in reference to programming style:
brute-force programs are written in a heavyhanded, tedious way, full of
repetition and devoid of any elegance or useful abstraction (see also brute
force and ignorance).