Re: [NTLK] OT: Lo-Fi-IPod

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 11:21:45 EST

> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:59:13 +0100
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT: Lo-Fi-IPod
> From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
>

> on 10/29/01 8:06 AM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:
>
>> Well, that's out of discussion! :)
>> I do enjoy music at any level of quality, but if I have the option, I su=
re
>> choose the superior copy.
>
> Oh, agreed. :-) I miss my older equipment. When I moved overseas, I had t=
> give it all up, and now, I'm stuck with just my computer and its speakers=
.
> I'm in the market for a set of "computer" speakers with a sub-woofer.
> Anybody have any recommendations?

I was impressed by the current Apple USB-SoundSticks + Sub by HK, expecting
a "plastic-like" sound, but the combination sounds rich and clear.
IMHO they also look great, and they won't set you back much.
Same for those little spherical speakers for Cube & G4.

I was unable to do excessive testing though, so I can't speak for high
volumes or difficult material, but I'm pretty sure these will be good
company for my upcoming iBook on my desk.

Awww, there's one thing Apple forgot on the iPod, it should also have USB,
so one could connect it directly to those speakers... but maybe it would no=
be stable enough to drive them, and you'd need the charging-cord of
course...

Oliver :)

--
Ich habe den Eindruck, da=DF Nachdenken bei Menschen eine sehr beschr=E4nkte
Ressource ist, die man nicht immer wieder f=FCr eindeutige Dinge