Re: [NTLK] Calendar Program

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 11:20:50 EST

on 10/29/01 4:15 PM, TerenceOB_at_aol.com at TerenceOB_at_aol.com wrote:

> Ok, I really should know this, but I don't. I tried to synch my newton with
> Now Up to Date 4.0 and it;s not working saying the file is busy, disk full or
> some other such nonsense. I;m running OS 9.04 on a beige G3, and NOS 2.1.
> Does anyone know why this isn;t working for me... or is there another program
> I should be using? (I know about Newtourage, but last time I checked, it
> only did contacts.. Besides... I like Now Up to Date's Features and
> interface. oh, and one more thing... If I have to downgrade to NOW 3.5.. how
> on Earth do I do that?

Oops. You cannot sync NUDCT 4 with the Newton. You can backtrack to 3.9 or
lower, and get it back. What you will have to do is to export your data as
text files, and then import them all into the older version (again) unless
you have a very recent backup, and don't mind losing/re-entering some data
again. :-) I'm in the same boat, currently, and have just been avoiding it
and avoiding it. I really like some of ver. 4's features, and its interface,
while still ugly, is different from what I've been using for the past 6
years or so, so I haven't taken the plunge to "back-grade." :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland