Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 02:25:33 EST

> Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 21:41:57 +0000
> From: Adrian Carter <adi_at_mail.cix.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?
>

>>Imagine a newton the size of a palm doing things palms can only dream of
>>doing. Think it'd sell?
>
> I keep wondering if I'm the only person out here who is happy with
> the size of the Newton.

Now we're two! :)

> I'm back at University again after my long
> summer break and the form factor is ideal for taking notes during
> lectures.

Did you read my mind? ;)
Some days ago I had to take a test for my studies, and I thought of taking
some paper, just in case.
I didn't have any, had to steal from my printer...

> If it were any smaller then I would more than likely be
> struggling like the guy next to me with the Pilot who has reverted to
> using pen and paper.

*g*

> The only other viable note taking device I've
> seen since coming back to Uni is a Psion 5 (pretty much the only
> device I would consider for the job apart from the Newton).

The fraction of people using digital devices for their studies seems awfull=
low. I've seen *nobody* with *any* sort of PDA in economics, a handful of
WinDoze-Cheapo-Notebooks among the law-people, one Psion among the
journalists. At least I know for sure that I'm not the only person on campu=
using a Newton. Till, where are you?!

Oliver :)

--
Wenn ich irgendwo eingeladen bin und bei der Essenszubereitung wurden
K=FCchenwerkzeuge benutzt, die nichts taugen, kann mir das zun=E4chst egal sein=