[NTLK] Newton Pet Peeves

From: Alex Enkerli (aenkerli_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 11:35:20 EDT

Among the things I keep collecting on my 130 is a list of features
for a Dream PDA. I sent some of these ideas and got other ideas in
reply. I'll probably post an updated list on the Web if I get a round
Tuit.
Both a list I keep thinking about is a list of pet peeves. No matter
how great our greenies are, there's a few things that are basically
stupid. Maybe there are solutions around most of these...
Here's a couple. They might be 2.0 issues, but they're a bit annoying
all the same. I know there are alternatives for some of them but
ranting is fun.
-Entering City/State/ZIP/Country/Area Code information in a Names
card is rather cumbersome, even for commonly used locations
-No ubiquitous clock
-App-switching through Extras
-Can't rename global folders and retain their content
-No way to switch between letter-by-letter and dict-based HWR
-Poor context sensitivity of HWR
-Crude outliner
-Difficult to change base dicts
-That power on slider thing (on 1x0s)
-No silk button for Notes
-Unique unhierchical folder associations
-No dedicated writing space and late scrolling
-Those short fields in Names
-Single Undo

--
Alex, in Laval