Re: [NTLK] Newton Press & icons

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 23:28:16 EDT

on 25/10/01 22:20, Stephanie Maks at steph_at_maksystems.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to make a newton book with a custom icon?
>
> I'm using Newton Press version 1.1 on OS 9.04 and I know how to select icons
> using the title function, but I want to add a custom icon to that list.
>
> Or, if not adding it to that list, then could I modify the .pkg file, or the
> book's source file, to modify the icon?
>
> I've poked around in Newton Press with ResEdit, and found some resources
> that matched the existing options, I pasted in my custom icon overtop of one
> of the existing ones, but it didn't turn up when I ran it.

There's definitely a way to do this, although I haven't investigated this so
far. The best way would be to find how NewtonPress stores those icons. But
I'm sure there is a way to modify the package's icon.

I'll try to have a look at some point...

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages on the Web.