Re: [NTLK] Newton Press & icons

From: Grant [Critical Shortage] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 23:22:03 EDT

In a previous message, Stephanie Maks typed vigorously:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to make a newton book with a custom icon?

It is possible to do using Newton Book Maker and NTK, but it's real messy.

>I'm using Newton Press version 1.1 on OS 9.04 and I know how to select icons
>using the title function, but I want to add a custom icon to that list.
>
>Or, if not adding it to that list, then could I modify the .pkg file, or the
>book's source file, to modify the icon?
>
>I've poked around in Newton Press with ResEdit, and found some resources
>that matched the existing options, I pasted in my custom icon overtop of one
>of the existing ones, but it didn't turn up when I ran it.

I was able to modify one of the icons in the list and have it apply to a
new book. The icons are stored as 1 bit PICT resources, so you have to
make sure that whatever you're pasting back into that resource is the
same format.

If you like, you could send me the icon you want to you as a Photoshop
file or similar, and I'll customize a copy of Newton Press for you.

Let me know.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/