Re: [NTLK] Newton Message Pad

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 13:38:21 EDT

No problem! Glad to talk Newton...

First off.. get MoreInfo. Yea, it's 100 bucks with shipping. But it'll be
the BEST 100 bucks you have EVER spent. I went *back* to my Newton just
for it. The way it allows me to manage the time in my life makes it truly
priceless.

Now.. personally I've stayed away from most of the SAS stuff that changes
anything in the basic newton functionality. I've SuperNotePad, for
example, corrupt my Notes... that's bad.. :(

As far as other stuff goes:

VNC if you need to access machines from your Newton. I can't wait to get a
Linux display on my Newton from my web server (a Linux box). I'll
configure a TWM session just for the size of the Newton screen... :)

Other good packages...

Avi's Backdrop (I just installed 1.3 - it's excellent).
Dashboard from Fivespeed (how I ever got along without it I'll never know).
And if you need a powerful spreadsheet spend the 30 bucks on QuickFigure
Pro from PelicanWare.

At 04:42 PM 10/25/2001 +0100, you wrote:

>Damn right, I have only been receiving the list for about four days or so
>and all I have read about is the iPod. As nice a product as it is I would
>like to here about you topo five or ten or twenty must have apps to help me
>load mine up. What ethernet cards work and if I will be able to surf and
>check email from my cable modem.....
>
>Dave...

David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net
http://www.davenet.net
ICQ UIN: XXXXXX (please ask if you want to talk via ICQ)
Linux - Chicken Soup for the Unix Soul