Re: [NTLK] Newton Message Pad

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 02:11:26 EDT

Items that I "must have" on my newt are:
Calc++, Turns your $1000 Newt into a $200 calculator
Scrappy, gives you a multiple use copy/paste buffer
with persistance
NetHopper sure, it only supports http1.0, but for my
uses, I can't justify spending any more money
Power scroll...uses your power button to scroll. very
handy when reading e-books!
TipCalc. This solves many arguments
Avi's backdrop.
Alarm Clock The loudest alarm clock for the Newt I've
been able to find!
Filters A black and white photography filter
calculator.
HyperFocal another photography calculator to tell you
your depth of field.

Games:
Freecell
Flip
solo DX

usefull things:
Moon, tells the phase of the moon
Comfort tells you your windchill or humiditure
Speak Text. Allows your Newton to speak to you!

Books:
How to curse in Klingon
How to track someone by email
Tasteless "Blonde" jokes
Cellular carrier SID codes (don't know why I have't
deleted that years ago)

Plus, I heard so much about DashBoard and actually saw
it installed on some's Newt recently, I decided to
give it a try. I think I like it!

There's far more, but this is a start.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Cooney, David" <D.Cooney_at_mail1.tay.ac.uk> wrote:

> Damn right, I have only been receiving the list for
> about four days or so
> and all I have read about is the iPod. As nice a
> product as it is I would
> like to here about you topo five or ten or twenty
> must have apps to help me
> load mine up. What ethernet cards work and if I will
> be able to surf and
> check email from my cable modem.....
>
> Dave...

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...