Re: [NTLK] Any update on that device?

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 21:34:04 EDT

>Just out from MacMinutes.com <http://www.macminute.com/>:
>
>"Apple introduces iPod, a digital audio player (MP3, MP2) with a 5GB hard
>drive (1000 songs). 20 minute skip protection."
>
>So, it looks like we'll have to wait for a Newton successor...
>
>-Laurent.
>--

True (about having to wait on a Newton successor). There may be hope
after all.

Consider this.....an MP3 player is but ONE of the spokes to attach to the
Mac's digital hub. A PDA is definitely another spoke. Considering that
Apple sells other spokes from other vendors in it's stores, the fact that
they are starting to make their own spokes as well as the hub is
encouraging.

Next year the StrongARM PalmOS comes out....

 - Bill