[NTLK] New iPod...

From: Tim (speeddemon_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 14:44:33 EDT

Well now, am I glad I slept late today. After all Steve Job's banter
about the saturated PDA market, and other excuses, it's nice to see he's
directing Apple's resources to an area we can all benefit from. Hmm,
must use iTunes2 to load up your new Apple MP3 player. iTunes2 is only
for Macs? Is Steve trying to prove he's a bigger control freak than Bill
Gates? Wouldn't this thing sell more if the whole mess were platform
agnostic? I guess that's too much like a Newton to be allowed. I haven't
even seen the asking price for this iPod thing, but for the money, I'll
stick to burning MP3's on CD. I guess he's not the visionary he claims
to be. If he were, a truly revolutionary new Newton would be right up
his alley.

Disappointed again,

Tim