Re: [NTLK] Success! NTK 1.6.4 and Mac OS X 10.1

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 14:59:27 EDT

On Monday, October 22, 2001, at 02:49 PM, Zachery Bir wrote:

> On Monday, October 22, 2001, at 02:28 , Brian wrote:
>
>> yes! At least, that will work up to 9.1. I haven't played with
>> OS X yet.
>> But guaranteed, if there's a keyspan USB-serial adapter involved, the
>> Newton has to be set to serial, and the desktop side has to be set to
>> serial also.
>
> Well, then I have nothing good to report. If I disconnect the
> serial ( just to be sure ), attach the newton to a hub using
> ethernet, set the Toolkit App to connect using AppleTalk, set NTK
> to connect using AppleTalk ( and have Printer Port USB as the
> port - again, no Ethernet option here ), then the Newton just waits
> and waits when Looking for Host...
>
> If I set both to connect via Serial, I get this when trying to
> connect via the Toolkit App:
>
> "Toolkit - An error was encountered, please check your connection
> ( -16013 )"

That is strange. Under 9.1, I did start to get this error while trying
to use Serial a few times. At some point, I was thinking that the
SER-001 was the problem, because using my spare 2100 with the "dongle",
I was able to connect right away. Going back to my regular 2100, but
trying to use the dongle would sometimes work. I found once that I
wasn't able to connect with my regular 2100, no matter what I tried.
After rebooting my PowerBook, it did connect immediately, this with the
dongle, not with the SER-001.

Now, you're reporting the same error. This is under OS X, right? I was
getting this error under 9.1. Strange...

-Laurent.