Re: [NTLK] 'New' feature like HyperNewt

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 16:52:25 EDT

> Is there another application that has the same functionality with the
>'New' button that HyperNewt has? I was just hoping to get that same
>functionality with a little less heap hit.

I think there are several. One I recall is OneTap NEw from www.deepfocus.com.
IIRC they had a handful of "one tap" apps. Likely this is a lot less heap
than Hypernewt but I've not checked.

-----
From the ENUF listing:

OneTap New document button. OneTap New for the Newton is a small
button for the backdrop application that allows quick New document
creation. Features OneTap access to full New menu. Perfect for use with
a "stripped-down" backdrop application. Core applications are Notes,
Dates, Names, Calls, and Newton Works. Recognizes and lists added
Stationery. Quick access to preferences. Adds button to backdrop
application. NewtonID aware but not required. OneTap New is available
for Newton OS 2.0 and 2.1. It has been tested on a MessagePad 2000
and MessagePad 130. No testing on a MessagePad 120 or eMate 300
has been done, but no foreseeable problems exist at this time.