Re: [NTLK] VNC: How to connect to Mac?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 13:02:16 EDT

> From: Raj Patel <rpatel_at_accelrys.com>

> ... Click connect
> and you should see the Newton talking to the Mac (little
> text primitives on the Newt indicate whats happenning).

I think I'll be adding some kind of log facility so that important status
and error messages will get saved -- which should be quite helpful to anyone
who's getting (partially) connected and then disconnected.

> Works a treat (tried it last night to a Mac and a PC - very
> very cool if a little slow - may want to drop colours to
> 4 greys or just b&w).

glad it's working for you (and others who have reported success).

a note about # of grays. the server will still send the same amount of data
since its minimum is 8-bits/pixel. on the Newton side, the resolution will
make a difference though -- not in 3.3a2, but in next(?) version where it
maintains a local bitmap (# of colors correspond to how much memory is
needed: 1,2,4 bits/pixel)

--
Steve