Re: [NTLK] closer but no cigar on internet connection%26In-Reply-To%26In-Reply-To

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 23:04:01 EDT

>thanks, I did check with him and will probably do the upgrade? but I'm
>curious why it would be so low?

What is low, the price of the upgrade? Pay him more :)

Your available heap? Stuff on cards and stuff on internal both suck heap-
I meant to mention that before, since you said you had "not much" on
internal. It's not just internal that debits from heap store. All packages
present on all cards also use some of the available heap, UNLESS you freeze
them.

Since the 2000 is low on heap to start with (you got that part right? :),
and if you're not using Avi's backdrop then you have Notes or Extras or
whatever always running, which takes up a lot. Add in all the NIE 2.0
packages, Nethopper, Simplemail, the Nethopper extensions (jpg or whatever
right?) plus a few other things on a couple cards, and you're likely down
to your 48k. Try freezing everything or removing your card(s) and see what
your heap is then.

Or _____?? (fill in the blank for a reply :)

I should mention that all this heap stuff is in the FAQ. Somewhere.