Re: [NTLK] real v newton

From: John M. Powell (iwillbefreedotcom_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 00:18:55 EDT

I'm not against them trying to protect themselves
against piracy either. And for most people who buy
a 'boxed' pc, it may be fine for them. For those
of us who like to build our own system, changing
it over time... personally, I feel if I'm going
to spend $ for their product, and then call them
to ask them, "Pretty please... I just changed
out video cards and now my system won't boot"...
give me a break. They can keep their OS. I'll
stick with an older version until they change
their policy or there is no other alternative.

John

PS I know full well that piracy is a problem. I
also know Bill is richer than most people ever
will be or have been. I'm not justifying it, just
making a point that plenty of people ARE buying it.