Re: [NTLK] E-mate problems and Non-Newt Yet Related Handheld Question

From: David Arnold (arnold_at_dstc.monash.edu.au)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 01:18:54 EDT

-->"Samuel" == Samuel Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net> writes:

  Samuel> Thus I may be looking to swap my new eMate for a Vadem Clio
  Samuel> 1050 (does anyone have experience with this unit)? The Clio
  Samuel> has a combination of laptop abilities and handheld
  Samuel> properties, like the eMate, in a 8.75"X11.4"X~1" body and
  Samuel> seems to be designed to function with programs like Word and
  Samuel> Excel.

i have known users of both the first release, and the later 1050
release Clio. the earlier unit had a worse screen, slower CPU, and a
much longer battery life. difficult tradeoff.

in both cases, the WinCE implementation is flakey, but kinda works.
they've reported syncing to be unreliable when pushed, but basically
ok.

they're a nice unit.